Japan: Data Citation Workshop 2015
We are currently updating this page.
The Japan Data Citation Workshop, was held on the 29th October 2015 at the National Institute of Informatics, in Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ward, Tokyo, Japan.
The Organising Group consisted of :
- Yasuhiro Murayama (Data Citation TG member/ICSU-WDS Scientific Committee ex officio/ Director of Integrated Science Data System Research, Laboratory of National Institute of Information and Communications Technoplogy)
- Jun Adachi (Prof., Deputy Director of National Institute of Informatics/ Steering Committee member of SPARC (Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition))
- Toshihiko Koseki (CODATA Japan/ Prof., Exective Vice President of University of Tokyo)
- Mitsuru Mizuno (Japan Link Center Sterring Committee Vice Chair, Japan Science and Tehnology Agency)
13:00 Welcome, Yasuhiro Murayama
13:10 Opening talks:
- Hiroshi Manago, Cabinet Office, "National Open Science Principles and Perspectives of Cabinet Office of Japan"
- Yasuhiro Murayama, NICT/ICSU-WDS/CODATA DC-TG member
13:50 Keynote talk:
Christine Borgman, Distinguished Professor & Presidential Chair in Information Studies, UCLA: "International Trends of Data Citation and Open Science -Data as the 1st Class Research Product"
14:20 Session "Current Status of Research Data Management and Data Citation in Japan":
- 14:20 Kazuhiro Hayashi, Natl. Inst. Sci. Tech. Policy, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Tecnology (MEXT): "Open Access to Open Science"
- 14:40 Hideaki Takeda, National Institute of Informatics: "Research Data-DOI Experiment in Japanese community and Japan Link Center:"
- 15:00 Kazuyoshi Watanabe, MEXT Office for Science Information Infrastructure: "Strategy of Scholarly Information Infrastrucutures in MEXT, Japan"
- 15:20 Yasushi Ogasaka, Japan Science & Technology Agency (JST): "Science & Technology Research Funding and Output Management"
16:00 Session: "Today and Tommorrow of Data-Citation Stakeholders":
- 16:00 Taro Misumi, Chiba University Libraries: "Chiba Univ. Libraries and Research Data Management"
- 16:20 Kazutsuna Yamaji, National Inftitute of Informatics: "Institutional Repository, and Academic Cloud"
- 16:40 Nobuko Miyairi, ORCID Regional Director - Asia Pacific: "ORCID: Let's Identify Researchers"
17:00 Forum: Open Discussion for Citing Research Data as Future Intellectual Resources (Moderator: Yasuhiro Murayama)