Call For Papers for Open Repositories 2016
Date: Dec 15, 2015
As previous Open Repositories have demonstrated, the use of digital repositories to manage research, scholarly and cultural information is well established and increasingly mature.
The Eleventh International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2016, will be held on June 13th-16th, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. The organizers are pleased to issue this Call for contributions to the program.
The theme of OR2016 is “Illuminating the World.” OR2016 will provide an opportunity to explore the ways in which repositories and related infrastructure and processes:
- bring different disciplines, collections, and people to light;
- expose research, scholarship, and collections from developing countries;
- increase openness of collections, software, data and workflows;
- highlight data patterns and user pathways through collections; and
- how we can organize to better support these – and other – infrastructures.
The organizers welcome proposals on these ideas, but also on the theoretical, practical, technical, organizational or administrative topics related to digital repositories. Submissions that demonstrate original and repository-related work outside of these themes will be considered, but preference will be given to submissions which address them. They are particularly interested in the following themes:
- Supporting Open Scholarship, Open Data, and Open Science
- Repositories and Cultural Heritage
- Repositories of high volume and/or complex data and collections
- Managing Research Data, Software, and Workflows
- Integrating with the Wider Web and External Systems
- Exploring Metrics, Assessment, and Impact
- Managing Rights
- Developing and Training Staff
Deadline for submissions: 1st February 2016