The CODATA member organization for Korea is the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI).
Headquarters Address: 245 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, 34141, Korea
Main Tel : +82-42-869-1004, 1234 Fax: +82-42-869-0969
Web Page: http://www.kisti.re.kr/eng/
Korea national committee for CODATA is appointed as the corresponding body for CODATA which functioning under direction of Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) supported from the National Research Council of Science and Technology (NST) by the Government Prime Minister’s organization for research and development.
Dr. Jeonghoon LEE
Strategy Team, Division of National Science and Technology Data
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
Jeonghoon Lee is a senior research scientist at the Division of Science and Technology Data, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI), Republic of Korea. His current work explores developing data-intensive science research environment based on data technologies by establishment of national-wide scientific data governance infrastructure and providing the Ministry of Science and ICT, Korea with support of technology and policy for management and sharing of data. He has been participating in activities of international cooperative networks for open data like CODATA, WDS, RDA, and OECD. He is leading the Upstream-Downstream subgroup as a member of CODATA Data Policy Committee. Previously, he was a research professor at École Centrale Paris, France. He received his B.S. in Computer Science from Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea. His research interest includes dynamic data-literature interlinking, data mining and machine leaning on evolving data, data management and information retrieval on large, high dimensional and complex attributed data, and high performance computing and parallel processing on Machine Learning and Information Retrieval.
|Dr. Choi, Hee-yoon
President, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The most significant data issues and activities
Establishment of a National Data Governance System
- Development of legal system and policies for data management and co-utilization
- Design of national research data management platform for integrated data service
- Development Collaborative Big Data Analysis System
EDISON (EDucation-research Integration through Simulation Onthe Net, https://www.edison.re.kr/)
- EDISON is collaborative computational science service, which was awarded HPC Innovation Excellence Award for improving R&D productivity and expansion of HPC community
NDSL(National Digital Science Library, https://www.edison.re.kr/)-NTIS(National Science & Technology Information Service, http://www.ntis.go.kr/) Convergence Information Service
- Development of integrated navigation service for patent, publication, project and report
- NTIS was awarded UN Public Award for its open service for national R&D information to the public and its contribution in laying foundation for open NTIS
Activities Planned for 2017
- July 2017 - Discussion meeting for national level scientific data governance and Strategy: Massive discussion meeting amongst scientist and policy makers resolving data-intensive research issues and support scientific data policies
- September 2017 - Open Science Forum 2017: Multilateral collaborations between scientific data research project stake holders