General Assembly 2018 - Gaborone, Botswana
The 31st CODATA General Assembly took place in Gaborone, Botswana, on 9-10 November after the International Data Week 2018.
Minutes of the 31st CODATA General Assembly (2018)
The minutes of the 31st CODATA General Assembly (2018) are available here.
Annexes to the minutes:
- Annex 1: CODATA General Assembly Agenda
- Annex 2: CODATA Prospectus: Strategy and Achievement 2016-2018
- Annex 3: Presentations on CODATA Activities: Executive Director's Presentation, Data Science Journal Presentation
- Annex 4: Audit and Treasurer's Presentation, Financial Statements
- Annex 5: Revised CODATA Constitution 2018
- Annex 6: Strategy Presentations
- Annex 7: National Committees Discussion
The 2018 General Assembly was notable for the revision of the CODATA Constitution. The revised constitution, approved by the General Assembly is available here.
Agenda (Download pdf version)
Day One: Friday 9 November
9:00-11:00 Reporting Session 1
- Executive Director’s Report - Simon Hodson, Executive Director
- CODATA Initiatives (Data Integration, African Open Science Platform, Data Schools, Data Policy Committee, Data Science Journal): Geoffrey Boulton, CODATA President and Simon Hodson, Executive Director
- Questions and discussion
- Financial Report: John Broome, Treasurer.
Questions and discussion.
11:30-13:00 CODATA Governance: Revised CODATA Constitution
Presentation of the proposed revised constitution.
Voting on the full revised constitution, incorporating any accepted amendments.
14:00-16:00 Report and Strategy Session
- President’s Report on State of CODATA and laying out introduction to the strategy for the future
- Strategic Presentations and Discussion: Geoffrey Boulton, Tony Hey and Barend Mons.
16:30-17:30 National Committees and Unions – Activities and national priorities: Bonnie Carroll, Secretary General, and John Broome, Treasurer.
Questions and discussion.
17:30 Adjourn Day One
Day Two: Saturday 10 November
08:30-10:30 CODATA Governance: Elections
- Presentations by candidates for President (5 minutes + 3 questions each)
- Presentations by candidates for Vice-President (3 minutes + 2 questions each)
- Presentations by candidates for Ordinary Member (2 minutes)
11:00-12:30 Selection of Task Groups
- Short presentations by candidate Task Groups (3 minutes each plus 2 questions).
12:30-13:00 Special Resolution
Passing the gavel
General Assembly closed by the new President
13:00-14:00 Lunch (Old and New Executive Committees)
14:00-16:00 First meeting of the new CODATA Executive Committee
The GA took place at University of Botswana, 4775 Notwane Rd, Gaborone, Botswana.