The CODATA member organisation for China is The Chinese Academy of Sciences
The Chinese Academy of Sciences joined in CODATA in 1984, as a national member, and organized the Chinese National Committee for CODATA (CN-CODATA or CODATA-China), which comprise 24 members from the CAS, related Ministries, Universities and Commissions. Acad Ding Zhongli, the vice president of CAS, is the Chairman of the CN-CODATA.
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) is the linchpin of China’s drive to explore and harness high technology and the natural sciences for the benefit of China and the world. Comprising a comprehensive research and development network, a merit-based learned society and a system of higher education, CAS brings together scientists and engineers from China and around the world to address both theoretical and applied problems using world-class scientific and management approaches.
Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS. He is a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), a fellow of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS), and a fellow of the International Eurasian Academy of Sciences (IEAS).
Professor Li Jianhui (Secretary-General)
Director, Scientific Data Center,
Members of CODATA China National Committee
The principal member organizations of the Chinese National Committee for CODATA (CN-CODATA or CODATA-China) are :
1. Chinese Academy of Sciences, Add: 52 Sanlihe Rd., Beijing, China
2. Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China, Add: 15B, Fuxing Road, Beijing, China
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China, Add: No.83 Shuangqing Road, Haidian, Neijing,China
4. China Association for Science and Technology, Add: 3 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100863, China
5. Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Add: No.12 Zhongguancun South St.,Haidian District, Beijing, China
6. Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Add: No.9 Dongdan Santiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China
7. China Institute of Atomic Energy, Add: P.O. Box 275, Beijing 102413, China
8. Tsinghua University, Add: Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
9. University of Science and Technology Beijing, Add: 30 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083 P. R.China
- To construct Expert Committee on Scientific Big Data, which aims to explore the big data issues and technologies.
- To establish a working group on data publication and data citation
- To promote the data sharing of CAS and also the national data sharing, and to promote more Chinese scientists to attend CODATA activities.
Activities Planned for 2017
- The 4th Scientific Data Conference will take place in August 2017.
- Another International Training Workshop for Developing Countries is planned for 2017.
Find out more
National Committee (Expanded information)
Membership (coming soon)