The Mycotox file contains a list of fungi, the mycotoxins they have been found to produce, and citations to the articles which describes this finding.
Mycotox is a list of fungi that have been reported to produce toxic metabolites, or metabolites closely related chemically to such toxins. It is intended for use by mycologists and chemists and assumes a working knowledge of mycology and/or natural product chemistry by its users.
References relating to this dataset:
 A mechanical search and retrieval system for mycotoxins. D. Brewer and A. Taylor. Proc. N.S. Inst. Sci. (1978) v. 28, pp. 163-169. (Registered CISTI clients: Go directly to Order form)
 Assembly and utilization of a database of fungal cultures held in Canadian collections. D. Brewer, K. Schwartzentruber, A. Taylor. Proc. N.S. Inst. Sci. (1989) v. 38, Part 3, pp. 79-98. (Registered CISTI clients: Go directly to Order form)
Additional references and resources
- Mycotoxin Newsletter
- World Mycotoxin Journal
- British Mycology Society
- Mycotoxin List
- Grain Fungal Diseases & Mycotoxin Reference (United States Department of Agriculture)
- 29th Mycotoxin-Workshop 2007
- Epidemiology of Mycotoxin Producing Fungi. X. Xu et al., eds. (European Journal of Plant Pathology (2003) v. 109, no. 7 (Special Issue), pp. 645-774)
- A national survey of mycotoxins in Canada. R.I. Andrews et al. (Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (1981) v. 58, no. 12, pp. A989-91). (Registered CISTI clients: Go directly to Order form)
- Comparison of mycotoxin profiles among cereal samples from eastern
Canada. H. Campbell et al. (Canadian Journal of Botany (2002) v. 80, no. 5, pp. 526-32)
- Pine nuts: the mycobiota and potential mycotoxins. M. Weidenbörner. (Canadian Journal of Microbiology (2001) v. 47, no. 5, pp. 460-3)
- Comparison of cultural and analytical methods for determination of aflatoxin production by Mississippi Delta Aspergillusisolates. H.I. Abbas et al. (Canadian Journal of Microbiology (2004) v. 50, no. 3, pp. 193-9)
- Fusaric acid, a Fusarium verticillioidesmetabolite, antagonistic to the endophytic biocontrol bacterium Bacillus mojavensis. C.W. Bacon et al. (Canadian Journal of Botany (2004) v. 82, no. 7, pp. 878-85)
- Toxigenic diversity of two different RAPD groups of Stachybotrys
chartarumisolates analyzed by potential for trichothecene production and for boar sperm cell motility inhibition. J. Peltola et al. (Canadian Journal of Microbiology (2002) v. 48, no. 11, pp. 1017-29)
- Mycotoxins in small grains and maize: old problems, new challenges. J.D. Miller, (Food additives and contaminants: analysis, surveillance, evaluation, control (2008) v. 25, pp.219-230). (Registered CISTI clients: Go directly to Order form)
- Mycotoxins as harmful indoor air contaminants. B.B. Jarvis, J.D. Miller, (Applied microbiology and biotechnology (2005) v. 66, pp.367-372). (Registered CISTI clients: Go directly to Order form)
- Mycotoxins in grain: compounds other than aflatoxin. (Purchase) J.D. Miller, H.L. Trenholm. Eagan Press, St. Paul, MN. (1994) 552 pp. ISBN 0-9624407-5-2.
This data set is updated regularly and has been available by Dr. A. Taylor. It is not available in print form. Inquiries, or offers to collaborate on this project, may be directed to Dr. Taylor through the Secretariat of the Canadian National Committee for CODATA (CNC/CODATA)
This file is referenced in the Online Catalogue of the Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, National Research Council of Canada.