Dr. Simon Hodson
Simon Hodson has been Executive Director of CODATA since August 2013.
Simon is an expert on data policy issues and research data management. He has contributed to influential reports on Current Best Practice for Research Data Management Policies and to the Science International Accord on Open Data in a Big Data World.
As part of his CODATA role, Simon leads or participants in numerous projects, Working Groups and Steering Groups. Currently (August 2017), this includes the following roles:
- Project Director, African Open Science Platform Project;
- Chair, European Commission’s Expert Group on FAIR Data, which is preparing a report and guidelines on how to make FAIR data a reality;
- Co-chair, OECD Global Science Forum Project on Sustainable Business Models for Data Repositories;
- Co-chair, GEO Data Sharing Working Group, to which CODATA has made a longterm contribution;
- Co-chair, IRIDIUM Research Data Management Glossary Working Group, which is a collaboration between CODATA, CASRAI and Research Data Canada.
Simon is also is a member of the Board of Directors of the Dryad Data Repository, a not-for-profit initiative to make the data underlying scientific publications discoverable, freely reusable, and citable; and he sits on the Scientific Advisory Board of CESSDA ERIC, the European data infrastructure for the social sciences.
Simon has a strong research background, as well as considerable project and programme management experience: from 2009 to 2013, as Programme Manager, he led two successful phases of Jisc's innovative Managing Research Data programme in the UK.
5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, France
Tel. (Office): +33 1 45250496 / (Cell): +33 686304259 / Fax: +33 1 42881466
Secretariat Assistant: Sally Davies
Secretariat assistance is provided by Sally Davies
Tel. (Office): +33 1 45250496 / Email: sally[at]codata.org
Programme Assistant: Asha Law
Website updates and other admin tasks
Tel. (Office): +33 1 45250496 / Email: asha[at]codata.org